Thursday, July 21, 2011
Reflection
According to Wikipedia, physics is the study of nature and it's motion through spacetime. As this is an official definition, it is not my personal definition. My definition of physics is the study of how things work. This is broad and generic, but so is physics. Physics can be found in every aspect of our world, and everything we do. From playing football to sitting here typing this, physics is demonstrated. Whether it is kinematics, or waves of light, we experience it through physics.
This class was very entertaining. At first I thought that physics would be boring and have a lot of math, which it did, but it definitely was not boring. I am impressed how much I learned in such a short amount of time. I thought it was definitely worth it to take this class, because now that it's over, I don't have to take it during the school year.
In this class, I learned about a large variety of subjects of physics. From pendulums and kinematics, to lasers and light properties. I learned how waves work, and now can see each of these in my everyday life. Before taking this class, I never knew that much about how things through out life worked. Things like a ball falling, or a wave of light. But now that I have taken physics, I know how this stuff works.
I liked the upbeat feel of this class. I rarely got bored. Mr. Blake kept the class entertaining and enjoyable. I also liked that we were able to cover a lot of subjects in a short period of time. I know that during the school year we would go much more in depth and be bored. The reasonable amount of homework was good to, I never had to stay up too late or miss anything extracurricular due to homework. I think the blog posts were manageable.
The only thing I would do to modify this class would be to make it a little more hands on. There were a couple lectures and lessons that I could have learned better if I had been able to apply it to my life or feel it for myself.
The picture I have represents physics because there is more to it than meets the eye. Inside the large jar, there is a small jar that can't be seen due to the liquid inside. This is how physics was this year. There was a lot more behind everything we do in life than meets the eye. For example, when shooting a basketball, there is 2d kinematics as well as many more factors involved. This is more than simply chucking a ball into the air.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Class was very entertaining, and we did learn a lot in a short amount of time and with a short attention span (we are teenagers after all).
ReplyDeleteI agree it was very entertaining. Mr. Blake made it very fun to learn physics. I think some experiments should have been more hands-on too.
ReplyDeleteYeah, class was definitely more entertaining than any of us probably expected. Alexis is totally right! We learned a lot for our horrible attention spans. More hands-on would have been pretty cool.
ReplyDelete