Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Review of Quarter 1

This quarter has gone by so fast. I never knew how much I could learn in just a week and a half. Unit 1 was a good start to physics in summer school. The material we learned was new, but simple enough to grasp it quickly. Through out Unit 1, we covered the basics of motion, and graphs. Unit 1 taught me how much of our everyday life revolves around physics, after the first day of class, I started noticing things I always do, like drive in a car or throw a ball. Unit 2 went much more in depth of both motion and graphs. Unit 2 brought more about velocity into play. Before this unit, I never knew the difference between speed and velocity. I learned much more about graphs then I ever thought I would, for example, how the slope of a D vs T graph is velocity.  In unit 3 we went even further into motion and graphs, then added gravity and free falls. This unit again caused me to notice things throughout my everyday life. Things as simple as water dripping from a faucet. I learned a bit about galileo and how he proved to the world that the laws of physics were different then what was accepted. Over all, I have kind of enjoyed this quarter, other than the long class hours, but putting in the time now will pay off in the regular year. I am looking forward to learning more about physics through out the next 3 quarters.

1 comment:

  1. ya I never knew there was so much to learn from a simple little graph. I knew nothing a week ago.

    ReplyDelete