I took this picture last winter up at pipeline. This is somewhat a metaphor for me. First off, I love the ocean, I love to ride the waves whether it is surfing or bodysurfing. So this picture is of one of my passions. Second, a wave can be a very enjoyable experience. Riding a wave is fun and gives the rider one of the greatest experiences of all time. I am a fun person. I enjoy being around people and am a kind person. For those who surf larger waves, it is common to figure out the wave. By this I mean where it breaks on the reef, how it beaks, what the best direction to drop in is, and where to line up. For some people, it takes time to figure me out. Waves deserve respect. They can hurt you and even kill you. Now, im not saying that I hurt people or kill anybody, but I don't like disrespectful people. Not only to me, but toward others and their surroundings. Being Hawaiian, I have a good connection with the land. It bugs me when others disrespect it by littering and other bad acts. I am looking forward to taking physics, because the sacrifices I make now are going to greatly benefit me in the near future.
Tuesday, June 14, 2011
About Me
I am 16 years old. I play football and surf. I have taken biology and chemistry in science thus far. For each of those classes I have done fairly well. I took bio over the summer before freshman year, and took chem during the regular year. I found it a lot easier on my schedule to knock out science prior to the school year. I took regular geometry last year. I hope to get a good grade in this course. Taking it over the summer allows me to focus only on one subject. I find this easy because I sometimes get overwhelmed during the year. The driving force behind taking this class is to finish it so I don't have to take it during the school year. I am doing this because it will free up my schedule. Between sports, school, family, and other activities, I rarely have free time. The breaks this will create in the year allow me to finish school work at school, as well as let me focus more on the other classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
love the metaphor. I hope to be able to help you on you journey to understanding physics this summer.
ReplyDelete