Monday, June 20, 2011

Acceleration

Acceleration can be found all through out life. One example in my life is football. This is not me, it is of my friend Austin, who is quite a stud. Throwing and catching a football incorporates acceleration. When you throw the ball it accelerates forward, heading toward the target. When you catch the ball, it accelerates to a stop. Every time the ball is thrown and caught, acceleration happens. Another example in this picture is when you jump. Austin is showing an example of acceleration when he jumped for the ball. He pushed off the ground, changing his speed toward the ball, and then changed his speed when he hit the ground. Each of those demonstrates acceleration.

3 comments:

  1. I love the football connection!! It really shows the acceleration of the ball even in the air, and the acceleration of himself when jumping for the ball!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Nalei. I wouldn't have expected to see connections to football in a unit on acceleration. I can't really get past cars and other methods of transportation, so it was really cool that you related it to catching a ball! I never thought about it in that perspective before.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i definitely agree with both of you, it has been cool learning about physics in areas directly related to my life.

    ReplyDelete